Georgia’s 2019-2020 regulation booklets recently hit store shelves and WMA check stations, and it quickly became apparent there were some typographical errors. These errors have been corrected in the online version, which can be downloaded here. As for the printed copies, here are the errors that the DNR would like you to be aware of:
- Mobility-impaired means anyone confined to a wheelchair, hemiplegia, monoplegia, paraplegia or single-leg amputation above the knee.Quail/Rabbit actual opening date: Nov. 16.
- Crow season actual dates: Nov. 2–Feb. 28.
- Ossabaw Island Deer Quota Hunt Either-Sex Dates: Nov. 28–Nov. 30. This is a youth hunt not available to adults.
- Oconee National Forest: Sept. 12–Jan. 1 is not applicable (pg. 71, first sentence in Special Regs section. These sets of dates were removed because they conflicted with pg. 73).
- Bartram Forest WMA: no coyote season.
- Locator map on pg. 46 is incorrect, please reference e-regulations website.
- Chattahoochee Fall Line WMA, Hilliard Plantation Tract: quota youth deer hunt should be a sign in hunt; sign in symbol is missing.
- River Bend WMA: waterfowl may be hunted on impoundment and its dikes/roads until noon only on Wed., Sat., and Sun., during statewide season.
- Sapelo Island WMA: The Archery Quota Hunt listed for Sapelo Island WMA is for the South End only. Archery hunting is restricted to the North End only until after this Quota Hunt. Archery hunting dates for the South End of Sapelo Island are Dec. 15–Jan. 12.
- Berry College WMA: The archery deer hunt this year is Sept. 14, 2019 not Sept. 4, 2019.
If you’ve noticed any other errors in the printed Georgia Hunting Regulations please post them in the comments section below.